Thursday 7 September 2023

Guess what I've ordered for myself for Christmas again...

They're earlier than last year but WoW have released their Fibre Advent Calendar on pre-order already!  A limited edition of 250 as usual and it was released for order on Tuesday and I ordered one on Tuesday evening as I was out and about with the family in Stratford-upon-Avon on Tuesday before youngest started their first day at their Post-16 Education, which was today. I'm glad that I didn't procrastinate over buying one this year as they have sold really fast, they're not sold out yet but there aren't many left apparently.

This year the price is a little bit higher, but then hasn't everything gone up in price, and at £84 it's only £9 more than last year and we are getting 1200g of fibre.  Again it's in black gift box but this year they've upgraded again from black paper bags and a scratch card with the fibre details on to pre-printed black resealable bags with the details printed on the bags.  I'm sure some people will moan about the fact that it's not as secretive or as much of a surprise as last year but you can't please everyone all of the time and all you will know, if you look at the bags, is the name and the fibre content and that doesn't always give away what it will look like.

They have gone with a theme this year and it looks very professional and I think the bags look like bags of Artisanal Coffee or something like that.

From the website "The 2023 theme is 'Around the World of Wool' & features 24 bespoke and exclusive blends, inspired by Christmas traditions around the globe.  Each calendar contains 24 x 50g stunning blends with access to our daily video open-a-long with Lara." They also state "Each fibre is packaged in a handy, air-tight, grip-lock, labelled bag for storage, which is 100% recyclable when you're done".

I think they have really excelled themselves this year and I can't wait to see what they've come up with as I know very little about Christmas traditions in other parts of the world.






No comments:

Post a Comment