Tuesday 2 July 2024

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2024 Stage 4

The Cycling: Stage 4 is 139.6km of a mountain route that starts in Pinerolo and ends in Valloire.

The Daily Challenge: Valloire is a popular area of skiing and as such, needs to have a good surface of snow.  A constant, high quality piste is achieved by supplementing the natural snowfall with SNOW CANNONS.  Not just one or two, but 710 of these machines are used to maintain the slopes!  We're all about the unexpected today, so today's challenge is to use something unexpected or unusual in your spinning.  We'll leave the choice up to you!

Suggested Fibre: Locky Wool Locks, are great for adding some texture, bulk and a bit of oomph to a spin.

What I did

Because I am a naughty girl and have looked ahead at the challenges to come I have planned some of my spinning to fit in with upcoming challenges.  The fibre I have chosen to make a start on today fits in perfectly with the challenges for both Stage 5 and Stage 6 and it will take me a couple of days to spin the amount that I have anyway.  I have picked one of the remaining three Llandovery Whiteface Hill blends that I put together back in December, as I have already spun up one of the blends, this one is Saffron Sunshine.

Today I managed to spin two singles, each 50g or thereabouts but the photos I took with my smart phone just wouldn't capture the correct colour so the fibre looks more peachy beige than what it actually is.


No comments:

Post a Comment