Tuesday 11 June 2019

The back garden is all done

Now that we are back from holiday and the kids are back to school I took myself off to the local garden centre to get some plants.  I didn't go with a definite idea of what I wanted exactly but I did know the kind of thing I was going to look for and go from there.

There were already a few plants that managed to survive, 3 roses, black mondo grass and geranium (cranesbill) and Liatris.  I bought a Verbascum - Dark Eyes, Dianthus - Passion, Poppy - Moondance, Petunia - Nightsky and a Garvinea.  I also bought some more solar powered garden lights from Aldi.

I also bought a large gothic style planter for the tomatoes that my father-in-law gave us.  We weren't planning on having tomatoes this year because we don't have room for them anymore so next year the planter will be used for something nice.  Believe it or not that gothic style planter was a lot cheaper than a plain terracotta coloured one, both of them plastic type of material.



Petunia - Nightsky

Verbascum - Dark Eyes

Poppy - Moondance, Dianthus - Passion, Oxalis, Lavender, Garvinea, Geranium Cranesbill


No comments:

Post a Comment