Wednesday 17 November 2021

Nordic: Sif

I bought this fibre braid from a fellow spinners de-stash of fibre back in June 2018.  It was originally from my previous main fibre supplier and I was still buying from that supplier at the time that I bought this.  It is from the "Nordic" range. To quote the suppliers' description "Nordic is inspired by the lands across the North Sea and the ancient mythology of the Norse Gods and Goddesses.  Sif: Goddess of Earth and Growth.  Ripening corn and barley, with faint hints of sage green.  She's also represented by a Rowan Tree, so pops of Rowan berry red provide a hint of cheer".

This range called to me as its inspired by the Norse Gods and Goddesses, in the plainest terms, Pagan, and of course I am Pagan.  If you are into the Marvel franchise, specifically the Thor/Loki movies, you may recall Lady Sif from there.

The yarn is 50% Corriedale, 50% Merino spun to sport weight, I have 99g/224m.

No comments:

Post a Comment