Saturday 13 November 2021

Teeswater - Autumn Gradient

I've made a list of the ready to spin braids of fibre that I have in my list by order of the date they were bought by me and in the case of those I've bought from fellow spinners, the date or approximate date that they bought them.  I intend to spin some of my stash down, starting with the oldest of these braids.

Back in May 2020 I bought a number of braids of fibre that a fellow spinner was selling off because they just either don't have the time to spin any more or they have fallen out of love with it.  This is one of those braids.  They originally bought it in August 2014 but I fell in love with the colours and I do like spinning the longwool breeds.  I have had this for 18 months myself so now is the time to get spinning the older fibres in my stash before they become no good for spinning.


I was a little worried about the quality because it looked a little fuzzy so it may have become a little compacted or felted but I needn't have worried, it was absolutely fine and it's made a lovely fingering weight gradient yarn, 104g/161m of lovely autumnal gradient.




No comments:

Post a Comment