Friday 26 November 2021

She sells sea shells...

I bought this fibre direct from my previous supplier that I no longer use and I think it may have been some kind of stock clearance or something because I bought this in August 2018 but this fibre was from February 2015.  

Its a larger amount of fibre than usual and the description from the website is "Gradient Packs are a clever way of creating a subtle gradient skein of yarn.  Careful design means you can just sit down and spin and get a great result. 140g of fibre designed to give you seamless colour transitions.  I take some shades of dyed wool, combine them with natural colours of wool and other non-wool fibres.  There are 5 main shades in each gradient, but in addition there are smaller amounts of transition colours.  This means that you get gradual shifts in colour, rather than broad stripes.  The colourways are all limited edition, so if you see a colour you like it's best to get it while you can.  The good news however, is that I keep introducing new and exciting shades."


I have always wanted to try one of her gradient packs but usually as soon as she releases them they are gone so fast and it usually works out that I don't have spare money to treat myself at the right time but this time I did finally get one and its a really nice colourway.  I did manage to buy a second gradient pack in an unusual but striking colourway last year too so I will have that to spin up in the future as well.  The colour is "Sea Shell" and the fibre content is 50% Merino, 25% Shetland, 25% Seacell.  I split each little fibre bundle into two and spun each single the same and plied them together.  The final yarn is spun to sport weight and is 139g/302m and its really soft.


No comments:

Post a Comment