Monday 4 December 2023

Spinning the Olive Green Jacob blend

I have found the time to finally spin the blend that I made back in June with the Olive Green Jacob wool.  I forgot to take any photos of the pre-drafted fibre in my spinning basket and I had plenty of chances to do that because I made 4 skeins and each has two halves so I had 8 opportunities and I just didn't take any photos because I'm dippy!  Thankfully I did remember to take at least one photo of the spinning-in-progress.


When I pre-drafted this I had to thin out all of the additions that I added and then when I spun it I thinned it out some more and was mindful when the silk noil came up to make sure that got thinned out too so that I got some texture but not great big bumps of it.  Some people love really really textured yarns but I do not, I don't mind a little bit of interest but I'm not into overly textured yarns.


I got 4 skeins, all sport weight, 101g/215m, 105g/215m, 104g/221m and 103g/228m. The final fibre content is: 54% Jacob Wool, 16% 23 micron Merino Wool, 14% mixed white wools, 5.5% Cellulose, 4% Tussah Silk, 3% Hemp, 2.5% Silk Noil, 1% Trilobal Nylon.  I had trouble capturing the true colour in photographs and I had to manually adjust them to increase the green as they were showing as almost greyscale photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment