Wednesday 6 December 2023

Spinning "Night Sky"

This is the first of four planned yarns that I will be making using the last of the black Jacob wool that I have from fleece that I got several years ago.  For this one I spun up a whole bobbin of the black Jacob and then I spun up the 48g of "Baubles" 100% Merino from Day 8 of the Advent Calendar 2022 that I overdyed in June 2023.



I spun each of them separately and then just plied them together until all of the Merino was used up.  By some miraculous fluke my finished yarn weighed exactly twice that of the Merino, so despite being different types/textures of wool both singles weighed the same and so this is 50% Jacob, 50% Merino.


I love the way the colours of the Merino are constantly changing between blue/lilac/purple and plying that with the black Jacob really makes the colours pop.  I've called it "Night Sky".

This has turned out to be Double-Knit weight and there is 95g/225m

No comments:

Post a Comment