Saturday 18 August 2018

Augusts' Fibre is here - Hawaii

Hawaii is here and I have to say that it is beautiful.  From the letter, I knew it would contain vibrant colours and is exactly as I expected in oranges and reds with black and its so soft.  Wow!  This one is 62.5% Merino, 25% Mulberry Silk, 12.5 % Baby Alpaca


I can't wait to find time to spin this up, hopefully I will find time soon. In the same parcel was a goody bag and an ingredients box which I had ordered and had sent together in one package.

The goody bag is a mixed bag containing small amounts of various fibres and could be from trialling colour combinations, left overs etc.  I will use these in the same way that an ingredients box is designed for, making your own dyed yarns a little more interesting.



The ingredients box is a weighed out and colour coordinated mix of certain fibres that you would add to a main wool base of your choice to make the finished yarn more interesting.  Made up of 60g Tussah Silk in three different colours, 20g Silk Noil in two different colours, 20g Hemp in two different colours, 20g Firestar (Trilobal Nylon) in two different colours and 2g of Angelina in two different colours.  This one is "Forget Me Not".


All I need to do now is sort out getting myself a blending board or a blending hackle or maybe a drum carder, I'm not sure yet which is going to be best for me so I need to research.

No comments:

Post a Comment