Tuesday 21 August 2018

My first custom order for a bride

I am so excited by this but it is also really nerve wracking.  I've been asked if I can recreate one of the shawls in my shop, pictured below, but in a golden yellow colour for her wedding in October. 

I do have some yarn in the right thickness and the exact colour that she wants but I don't have enough so I looked to buy more online only to discover that they don't make this colour anymore and I can't find any of that shade available to buy online nor can I find an alternative yarn to use either that is the same colour, the same thickness and around the right price to fit within her budget.  Drat!  OK, let's have a go at dying some of my own hand spun white that would be perfect for the job and fits the budget.

Voila!  Think I've hit the mark pretty good looking at the colour swatch she sent me, and that is with me mixing the Greener Shades dyes to achieve just the right shade, keeping in mind that the chemicals in the water and the wool itself can alter the final shade.  The customer is happy and has placed the order.  I now have to make this quickly as it has to go all the way to the USA for mid-September as she needs it for the final fitting etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment