Friday 24 August 2018

Teal and Pink - Design LF433

I've made another of one of my favourite vintage patterns using the same vintage thread and this time I'm using silver for the flower centres, pink multi for the petals and teal for the main body.


Unfortunately I ran out of the pale pink multi with one full flower and half flowers to go.  I searched Ravelry for other people with this thread, only two people had it and I messaged both of them. Luckily one of them was a really lovely lady who only had a small amount left but she sent it to me anyway and refused to take any more for it.  Almost there, just three half flowers to complete and I ran out again.  I still hadn't heard from the other lady, never did get a response so I had to improvise.  Taking a plain pale pink of the same vintage thread I combined it with some blue and gold metallic sewing thread I had and made something very similar, similar enough that once finished with the main colour separating the flowers you have to look hard to see the difference.


In the photo of the three half flowers above, the top left is the one that I made up using the vintage thread and some metallic sewing thread and the other two, can't remember which is which, but they are made from the vintage thread I had and the vintage thread that the lady gave me, obviously from different dye lots but not massively different.

What a difference blocking makes to a piece of crochet.


And the final piece in all its glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment