Wednesday 29 August 2018

The Harvest

I've pulled up a load of beetroot and carrots today because they are starting to split in the ground so I thought I would make use of them now rather than loose any more to the weather.  The beetroot has been cooked, cooled and chopped up into cubes and the carrots have been peeled and put through the food processor to Julienne them and then blanched and frozen in portions.  I didn't think to weigh them before I done anything with them but the cleaned up and peeled weight of carrots is 2.5kg, so just a few!

Here are photos of just some of the carrots, still growing freaky shaped ones!


I've kept the green tops off the carrots, chopped them up and put them in a bucket of water to soak for a couple of days with the intention of making dye in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment