Friday 28 July 2023

Combing the last of the Jacob fleece

I've finally combed the black part of the fleece from Fleece No 16 that I acquired from a farmer in Elford, Staffordshire back in June 2014. It's only taken me 9 years to get around to it.  


I started out with 350g and after combing I have 246g of combed top.  I plan to use this to make 4 different skeins of yarn.  I have ideas to use up smaller amounts of fibre that I have, some from the 2022 Fibre Advent Calendar that I don't know what else to use it for and make some barber-poled yarns. 



I might make a gradient with some small amounts of green merino and then ply that with the black/brown Jacob, that could make an interesting yarn.

This is the last of the Jacob fleece to be prepared for spinning so once this and the olive green has been spun up there is no more to be spun from the fleece that I got from Elford.

No comments:

Post a Comment