Wednesday 19 July 2023

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2023 Stage 17

The Cycling: Stage 17 is 166km of a mountain route that starts in Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc and ends in Courchevel, France.

The Daily Challenge: Spin outside your comfort zone; you can do this physically, or with fibres you've not used before.

Suggested Fibre: Fawn UK Alpaca

What I did

Actually, I have spun pure Alpaca before but I don't want to do today's challenge.  I know what tomorrow's challenge is and its about a specific braid of fibre, Worth Melting For from WoW Fairytale range, which I have 200g of, so I will be making an early start on that instead.


The fibre braids were bought at different times.  The first one I bought in 2019 and the second one was part of the 2021 Advent Calendar.  There is a slight difference between the two so rather than have two skeins that will be like having two different dye lots of yarn I will split each braid into two and swap one of the lengths so both skeins will be made of 50% of each braid.


I pre-drafted the fibre, this is just 50g.


I only got 50g spun today so will need to play catch-up as much as I can tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment