Monday 31 July 2023

Spinning the green blend of the North Country Cheviot

I thought that would make a start on spinning up some of the blends that I have been making in recent months.  I've started with the Lime North Country Cheviot with natural coloured additions.  I completely forgot to take any work in progress photos of the spinning, I think I just got so engrossed with spinning that before I knew it I was all done.



I actually think it looks prettier in the fluffy fibre format than it does now that it's spun up but it will be interesting to see how it knits up at some point in the future.

The fibre content of this one is 86% Cheviot Wool, 6% Tussah Silk, 3% Mulberry Silk Noil, 3% Hemp, 2% Trilobal Nylon.

It has spun up to sport weight and the skeins are 101g/182m and 74g/128m

No comments:

Post a Comment