Monday 3 July 2023

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2023 Stage 3

The Cycling: Stage 3 is 185km of a flat route that starts in Amorebieta-Etxano in Basque Country, Northern Spain and ends in Bayonne, Southwestern France.

The Daily Challenge: Draft with the opposite hand to the one you normally use.  See if this changes your yarn and report your findings.

Suggested Fibre: Virgo

What I did

I didn't even want to tackle the challenge today so I have just picked a braid of fibre from my stash to spin.  Where possible I am going to be spinning up the oldest fibre braids from my stash, as that makes the most logical sense to me.

I have picked one of the monthly subscription fibres that I used to get from a previous supplier that I used to buy from.  It is called Renoir and it is 80% Merino, 20% Ramie.



I split this fibre in half and started spinning.  It wanted to be spun finely so I let it be spun the way it wanted to be and I ran out of time because the first 50g took me well over 5 hours to spin. I need to finish spinning the second single and ply them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment