Wednesday 5 July 2023

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2023 Stage 5

The Cycling: Stage 5 is 165km of a mountain route that starts in Pau and ends in Laruns, both in the Pyrenees, France.

The Daily Challenge: We're all about texture today!  Grab something that feels different to your main fibre and give it a blend.  Extra points if it is something you haven't blended before! 

Suggested Fibre: Railway Grey Tweed

What I did

I don't have any of the suggested fibre but I do have a textured braid called "Taste the Rainbow by Damo, it's one of the WoW Team Blends 2022 and is 100% Tweed Wool


I split this into two equal amounts and spun it over the fold and then plied the singles together.


I wasn't too sure about whether I liked the single that was being spun, I think it could have been better, nicer, it certainly looked prettier in the braid than as a single.  I wasn't the only team member who was using this particular fibre for today's challenge and we've come to the conclusion that it is probably prettier and nicer either plied with a plain white or add more white fibre at the drafting and spinning the single stage.


The finished yarn is 100% Tweed wood, double knit weight and is 173m/100g.  It's not the softest or the prettiest yarn in the world but its a bit nicer now that its plied, compared to how it looked on the bobbin as a single.

No comments:

Post a Comment