Saturday 10 July 2021

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2021 Stage 14

The Cycling: Stage 14 is 183.7km long and starts in Carcassone and ends in Quillan. Today's route contains two category 3 climbs and three category 2 climbs. Two more riders abandoned the race following yesterdays crash, they were not on the start line.  Bauke Mollema won the stage.  

Team Challenge: "At this stage the cyclists pass through Ariège which is named from the latin word 'Aurigier' which means to carry or contain gold.  It was common practice to weight fleeces down in streams so that their fibres could collect small pieces of gold as it flowed past.  Imagine pulling out a golden fleece! 

Today's challenge is to spin an animal fibre that doesn't come from sheep.  It could be mohair, alpaca, llama, yak... there are lots of options!".

What I planned to do and what I achieved:  I've ignored the challenge again and have spun the last of the Portland today, giving me 201m of yummy yarn and another 603m to add to the team.

I've enjoyed the tour so far and I've been watching the cycling and got quite into it, says the person who initially said "I'm not interested in the cycling".  I am really hoping that Mark Cavendish makes it through these next upcoming mountain stages so that he has a shot of beating the stage win record that he equalled yesterday.

All four finished skeins of Portland


No comments:

Post a Comment