Wednesday 7 July 2021

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2021 Stage 11

The Cycling: Stage 11 is 198.9km long and starts in Sorgues and ends in Malaucène. Today's route include a double ascent of Mont Ventoux and two category 4 climbs.  Wout van Aert won the stage. 

Team Challenge: "The finishing town today is Malaucène in the Vaucluse region; home of prime cherry production!  Almost 4,000 hectares of cherries are planted here producing an annual harvest of up to 20,000 tonnes - that is a lot of fruit!

Today's challenge is to spin something fruity; it could be a cherry-red top, something named after a fruit or you could experiment with banana or pineapple fibre".

What I planned to do and what I achieved:  I got back to working on spinning the Portland fleece that I combed.  I spun the second single and plied with the first, giving me a sport weight yarn 107g/248m, which is another 744m towards the team total.

I have a really tenuous link to the challenge in that Portland has the name of the drink Port in it and Port is made from fruit...

My first bobbin of Portland single, still more room yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment