Friday 16 July 2021

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2021 Stage 19

The Cycling: Stage 19 is 207km long and starts in Mourenx and ends in Libourne.  The route is a transitional stage with a descent and just one Category 4 climb, rolling terrain and one uncategorised climb before being mostly flat.  A big crash just a few minutes in but no one was hurt.  Matej Mohorič won the stage.  

Team Challenge: "We're getting in to the last few days, chaps!  The flat stage today is perfect for those who are looking to sprint to the finish.  If you're feeling a bit sprinty, why not don the green jersey (we know you've earned this!) and grab something green.

Today's challenge; either spin something green or take a picture of as many green things as you can gather in one place (who said things had to be serious?)".

What I planned to do and what I achieved:  Just a small skein today.  I chose to spin some South Down, just a 50g bump that I got in a Breeds Sample box that I got from Fibre Hut.  I spun it sport weight and I got 107m from it, adding another 321m to the team total.  These are pre-wash measurements.



As for the challenge, I took photos of my back garden, specifically the raised vegetable bed.

Lots of green things in the garden right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment