Sunday 18 July 2021

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2021 Stage 21

The Cycling: Stage 21 is 108.4km long and starts in Chatou and ends in with a sprint on the Champs-Élysées.  All eyes are on Mark Cavendish as this is his last chance this year to beat Eddy Merckx record of stage wins.  He went for it on the final sprint for the finish line but found himself boxed in by other riders and finished in third place.  Wout van Aert won the stage.  

Team Challenge: "This is it; the final day!  Well done to everyone who has come along on this spinning journey with  us!  The time has come to don your yellow, grab your finish-line-fluff and spin your way to victory!

The final challenge of Tour de Fleece 2021 is to spin something yellow or something that contains yellow.  If you would like, you can also post a finish-line picture of you, your wheel and your work this month!".

What I planned to do and what I achieved:  It's very hot today.  I have the fans on and I am still melting.  I have spun some Ryeland today that I combed a little while ago from a purchase of 200g of raw fleece that weighed 150g after it was washed and 98g after it was combed.  It's really nice.  I got  238m, which gives another 714m towards the team total.  My contribution to the team total amounts to 11,196m








My final tour photo of everything that I've spun on the tour contains 18 skeins from 13 different British breeds, leaving me 10 breeds left to spin, 5 of which I'm still waiting to be delivered to me in fleece form, so have lots to do yet.  Unfortunately, the photo is taken in artificial light so you can't really see the difference in colour and texture as clear as you would in natural daylight, but its all very different.

.


I will be pushing on with the spinning of the last 10 breeds for my British Breeds project, still waiting for 5 of them to come in from the farmers but I can get on with the knitting part if I'm left waiting.

A final team total was given on 26th July 2021 by the Team Organisers and as a team we have spun 261,939.01m!  This is the equivalent of 163 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment