Sunday 4 July 2021

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2021 Stage 9

The Cycling: Stage 9 is 144.9km long and starts in Cluses and ends in Tignes.  Starting in the Arve valley there are another 5 climbs today and the finish is at high altitude, up in the mountains, at Tignes, a ski-resort.  Ben O'Connor won the stage.  

Team Challenge: "Today we have a mountain stage; it is going to be hard on some riders and a challenge for all of them.  In everything we do we have things that challenge us - even spinning!  

Your challenge today is the polar opposite of Stage 4: spin something you really don't like.  It could be a colour you can't stand, something with a texture that displeases you or that top that you wish you'd never bought!  This is a great opportunity to get this poor maligned fluff out of your stash and in to the world... you never know, you may like it!".

What I planned to do and what I achieved:  I plied my Herdwick this morning and got 125g/241m  of sport weight yarn.  That is another 723m for the team total.  

We have now collectively spun twice the length of Chesil Beach, to Portland and back, which leads me nicely into my 450g of hand combed Portland top and I've started to spin that.

This is just a small portion of the 450g of hand combed top.


No comments:

Post a Comment