Thursday 8 July 2021

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2021 Stage 12

The Cycling: Stage 12 is 159.4km long and starts in Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux and ends in Nîmes. Today's route has just one category 3 climb and a long uncategorised climb before a downhill rush to the finish line.  Nils Politt won the stage. 

Team Challenge: "If you've ever been to Nîmes you've probably seen the stunning neo-classical gardens (Jardins de la Fontaine) which have been built around a natural spring.  The gardens have been added to and repaired over the years to create an intriguing space of water, temples and trees.

On the topic of plants - today's challenge is to spin something containing plant fibres.  Flax, cotton, hemp and bamboo are all contenders for this!".

What I planned to do and what I achieved:  I'm not doing the challenge today, sticking strictly to my own goal and carrying on spinning the Portland.  I have washed and dried the skein I spun 2 days ago but I have spun up a second skein today.  There is a lot of lanolin in today's skein and you can feel the difference between the 2 skeins.  Today's skein is 231m, which adds another 693m to the team total.


Skein at the top is washed, skein at the bottom is unwashed.


Left is washed, right is unwashed.


No comments:

Post a Comment