Sunday 11 July 2021

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2021 Stage 15

The Cycling: Stage 15 is 191.3km long and starts in Céret and ends in Andorra-la-Vella. Today's route takes the riders outside of France and into Andorra today and contained an 18.4km long uncategorised climb right from the start as well as containing one category 2 climbs and 3 category 1 climbs.  Sepp Kuss won the stage.  

Team Challenge: "Have you been a bit of a stationary spinner with the same view or location each day?  The Tour de France cyclists have a different view every mile, so let's change things up a bit!

Your challenge today is to spin in a different location and take a picture to show us where today's chosen seat is!".

What I planned to do and what I achieved:  Well, I didn't sit anywhere different to spin but I have spun 100g of pre-prepared Lincoln Longwool that I bought from World of Wool.  I have 133m of sport weight yarn for my British Breeds Project and that is another 399m for the team total.

We have been having fun on the social media chat for the team and one of the other team members posted this, which I find hilarious!

"Sheep, sometime in winter (probably on a misty day), transform into clouds on legs, a whole different creature.  They change back just after shearing takes place, so technically sheep's wool is cloud wool.  Unless you're spinning a long wool sheep, when its possibly easier to say they're not sheep, but mysterious mop creatures".

It made me laugh out loud especially given that I have spun up a long wool breed today, Lincoln Longwool, and I have somehow managed to schedule myself Whitefaced Woodland followed by Devon & Cornwall Longwool, followed by Teeswater.  What was I thinking, 4 long wool breeds one after the other with just the Whitefaced Woodland getting in there to break up the run, although that can be quite longs itself.


100g/133m of Lincoln Longwool


No comments:

Post a Comment