Friday 2 July 2021

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2021 Stage 7

The Cycling: Stage 7 is 249.1km and starts in Vierzon and ends in Le Creusot. The stage is the longest on this Tour and the longest of all stages over the past 20 years.  There are lots of non-classified climbs and 5 classified climbs today. Matej Mohorič won the stage.  

Team Challenge: "The final destination for today is Le Creusot in the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté region (Burgundy merged with Franche-Comté in 2016).  We all know Burgundy for its wine, but this area of France has also bought us Charolais cattle and Charollais sheep.  This breed produces a strong, bouncy fibre which is not dissimilar to our native Shropshire wool.

Your challenge today is to go au-naturel and spin with undyed fibre.  Extra kudos if the breed originates from France".

What I planned to do and what I achieved: I could have spun some Charollais today, I do have some, but that would be deviating from my own personal goal of spinning as much of the outstanding breeds for my British Breeds project as possible before the kids break up from school for the summer holidays.

I decided to spin some Shropshire, given that it was mentioned in the challenge as being similar to Charollais.  My finished skein is 98g/204m, which is another 612m for towards the team total.


This is the first single finished with the fluff for the second single.


The pre-wash measurements were 98g/204m, post wash was 94g/183m

No comments:

Post a Comment